Pendant / Fixture in Milk Glass designed by Peter Behrens for AEG. Original copper chains, newly electrified with black cloth-covered twisted electrical wire. This variant of the Peter Behrens lamp is uncommon by its little copper cap on the bottom part, to avoid overheating.
Behrens was the visionary creative director for German industrial giant AEG and the force behind the Deutsche Werkstatten (1907) and subsequently led to the formation of the Bauhaus (1919) by Behrens student, Walter Gropius. The Bauhaus was one of the early forerunners of the Modern movement. New wiring, completely cleaned, in excellent condition!
Total height: 81 cm
width: 20 cm